Ramblings of a Catholic Christian trying to be more like Him.
Please leave me messages and comments so that I too may grow and learn!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

another one hits home

This Sunday all the readings were centered around making choices.  Joshua said to make a decision who you are going to serve.  Those words, "As for me and my household we will serve the Lord" say it all.  Trying to serve any other way results in so much unhappiness.  Things that I have tried to serve - money, people pleasing, gluttony, being a fixer (and I could go on) have only left me feeling more lonely.  Ephesians is about making a choice to commit to relationships.  And in the Gospel, Jesus offers the choice to his discples to return to their former way of life and they choose to continue to follow him.
Now this past weekend, I had two family reunions and fully intended to leave mass early which I do not do.  But with timing it would have been easier to leave early so that I was not in a rush to get to the reunion.  Then came the Liturgy of the Word!  These three readings reminded me of my measly one hour commitment to attend a FULL mass.  Not just part but all - meditate after receiving the Eucharist, hear the announcements of weekly happenings and accept the final blessing.   So yes, I stayed and prayed a little more for the many intentions in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment