Ramblings of a Catholic Christian trying to be more like Him.
Please leave me messages and comments so that I too may grow and learn!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living

Today while in church, I was waiting nervously to speak about joining our Women's Bible study group when we rehearsed the responsorial Psalm, "I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living".   I put away my notice that I was supposed to read and really thought about that line from Psalm 114 verse 9.  So many times I feel like I am just a survivor trying to get by day to day.  From "living" like that I feel like some days I am not really in the land of the living.  I feel like I am treading water trying to catch my breath.  I am sometimes even afraid to speak because someone may not like what I have to say or better yet they will not understand what I am trying to say.
This is not the way our God wants us to live.  He wants us to experience the ups and downs, highs and lows and the ins and outs with tears and grins.  The roller coaster called life that we are on is meant to be just that lived, walking before the Lord.   That is what the land of the living is for me today.  I pray to embrace the roller coaster ride and stop shying back from my faith, beliefs, feelings and just enjoying the sunshine or the rain.
I pray that you all have a wonderful week.  I pray that if you are reading this that you comment back to me about your ride this day!
Blessing to you!
Norma  

No comments:

Post a Comment