Ramblings of a Catholic Christian trying to be more like Him.
Please leave me messages and comments so that I too may grow and learn!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Journeys



This week I've taken a great deal Comfort from Psalm 121. We are studying this in our Bible study. We are working on Beth Moore's study of the Psalms of  Ascent. 

I lift my eyes to the hills where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord the maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip he who watches over you will not slumber indeed he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you the Lord is your shade at your right hand, the sun will not harm you by day nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from harm- he will watch over your life;
 the Lord will watch your coming and going both now and forever more.

Over the next several weeks both of my children, Kate and Adam, will be going through their own journeys. Kate is taking the plunge and purchasing her first car. And Adam will be moving to California. After studying this Psalm over the last week I have really tried to keep the focus on the fact that the Lord, our God, will be watching over my children. I wish it were easy. It's not. 
Life is Truly about change and journeys.  I pray this week, that you will have comfort in your journeys. 
Please keep me in your prayers as well as I help my children with their journeys.


6 comments:

  1. We moms worry about our kids even when they're in their 30s (and beyond too, I'm sure). But God doesn't want us to live in fear. Pray, advise, and seek peace. God will help them, and us. Have a nice week, Norma Jean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the words... God does not want us to live in fear! Thanks Beth!

      Delete
  2. Beth Moore's Bible studies are always good and seem to have just what we need at the moment don't they. :)
    May the Lord blanket you with Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to find your blog on the Grow Your Blog hop - and always good to have some bread for the spiritual journey - your post is lovely and at a time when we are facing choices in our family (university, career changes, house move - all things that the current recession in the UK is pushing is to consider carefully). Nice to meet you. Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too Betty! Praying for your choices!

      Delete