Ramblings of a Catholic Christian trying to be more like Him.
Please leave me messages and comments so that I too may grow and learn!

Monday, October 22, 2012

Worrying Mom

I have to admit that at mass this past weekend I was not very attentive during the liturgy of the word.  The homily was good but I found myself again with a wondering mind.  I am sure that many of us have been there from time to time.  So this evening I reviewed the readings again.  I did get a message and I will try to explain what hit me between the eyes!

There was something that my parents tried to drive home with me years ago. That was, it doesn't matter how old I was but my parents would be concerned (and my mom would be worried) about my well being.  I have been learning this for quite sometime now with my 25 year old daughter and 23 year old son.  I don't lay awake with worry.  But I have been known to fret quite a bit over their well being, whether their cars are working right, whether they are getting enough sleep and so on!

When reviewing the readings I heard- Norma- all you can do it pray for the mercy and grace for timely help.  Hebrews 4:14-16 clearly tells us that He is able to sympathize with our weaknesses.  He has been tested in many ways and yet is without sin.  So when I fret over my children, I need to keep praying for them with the confidence that we will receive mercy and grace in His time.

Psalm 33:22 sums it up better than all my words:  "Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you".

I wish you blessings this week!

Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment